Monday, November 17, 2008

The Red Bucket

I wanted to explain the picture that accompanies my blog title. It may look like a red bucket filled with water. But it's much much more than that...
The bucket was positioned halfway under the roof outside my house and halfway beneath the cloudy sky. One half of the bucket displays the water as it is. You can see the circular red bottom of the bucket.
The other half reflects part of the basketball hoop attached to the wall above. It also reflects the unfathomable sky. When I look at that picture, I can feel the clouds swirling, forever dynamic. It reminds me of all the times that I take a walk outside and not once have I missed the opportunity to tilt my head upwards and take in the view of that imposing, immeasurable sky. When I feel troubled or fearful of life, when I feel the walls closing in, all I do is look up at the sky. It reminds me of the fact that there are no limits to one's spirit. As long as the sky stretches, the human spirit is free.
So, I stare at the photograph of the red bucket. One half is unmoving, opaque, just red. I look at the other half. The other half is what I want my life to be.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Interesting picture and interesting perspective...