Monday, June 30, 2008

Movies I want to see for some reason or the other

1. Jaane Tu..Jaane Na
It seems very teeny bopper-ish but it looks fresh and hopefully will feature real dialogues and characters of Indian youth.
2. Rock On
I may have left my rock band idolisation days long behind (okay, in the eleventh standard) given that rock music is mostly very depressing (but I love U2 and most of the alt stuff). But this flick looks interesting and different. Farhan Akhtar singing! And no, I don't need a reason to want to see Arjun Rampal.
3. The Kite Runner
The book moved me to pieces. I doubt the movie will. But I'm a sucker for Afghan culture.
4. Coco Before Chanel
Am not sure what the movie is actually titled but it stars Audrey Tatou as Coco Chanel. My Vogue-addicted eyes are craving to see this and my generally curious soul loves bio-pics.
5. Kismat Konnection
It's Shahid post 'Jab We Met'! And it looks like one of those romances where there's a lot of conversation. I like, I like. I hope not to be disappointed.

2 comments:

chaitanya kaushik said...

books are always far more better than movie adaptations of the book.
i am talking about The kite runner.
but the movie is not that bad.
but no way as good as the book.
the book was too moving to be handled.

Prez said...

I completely agree, now having seen it!!