Monday, June 30, 2008

Movies I want to see for some reason or the other

1. Jaane Tu..Jaane Na
It seems very teeny bopper-ish but it looks fresh and hopefully will feature real dialogues and characters of Indian youth.
2. Rock On
I may have left my rock band idolisation days long behind (okay, in the eleventh standard) given that rock music is mostly very depressing (but I love U2 and most of the alt stuff). But this flick looks interesting and different. Farhan Akhtar singing! And no, I don't need a reason to want to see Arjun Rampal.
3. The Kite Runner
The book moved me to pieces. I doubt the movie will. But I'm a sucker for Afghan culture.
4. Coco Before Chanel
Am not sure what the movie is actually titled but it stars Audrey Tatou as Coco Chanel. My Vogue-addicted eyes are craving to see this and my generally curious soul loves bio-pics.
5. Kismat Konnection
It's Shahid post 'Jab We Met'! And it looks like one of those romances where there's a lot of conversation. I like, I like. I hope not to be disappointed.

2 comments:

chaitanya kaushik said...

books are always far more better than movie adaptations of the book.
i am talking about The kite runner.
but the movie is not that bad.
but no way as good as the book.
the book was too moving to be handled.

Kingdom of Estarra said...

I completely agree, now having seen it!!