Thursday, January 31, 2008

My favourite music videos

April 24
My all time favourite videos of all time
(in no particular order)

1. Days Go By- Dirty Vigas.
Haunting. Wry. Real.

2. Desert Rose-Sting feat. Cheb Mami
Perhaps it's the pure beauty of the song. But I've always loved the idea of music videos depicting long, yearning journeys.

3.Te dejo Madrid-Shakira
It has some rather complicated allusions and illusions in its imagery. But she looks soooo cute! Plus her wardrobe is so enviable. That's enough for me.

4. Escape-Enrique Iglesias
He is so haaawwwt! Delete the Anna K bits.

5. Afterglow-INXS
Achingly beautiful. Enough said. Sigh. JD.

6. Hey Anta-Rachid Taha
Well I suppose I had to put in a RT video even though I have seen a grand total of two of his videos. But I loved what I saw of this one. It portrayed the quest, the longing for a land unknown which is what I relate to when I hear this song.

7. Right Here Right Now-Fat Boy Slim
Well I happen to have a predeliction for the quirky music of videos of Fat Boy Slim, but this one stands out cause I remember watching it through and through each and every single time I caught it on tv as a little kid. Which probably explains certain things about my personality..hmmm..

8.Objection(tango)-Shakira
This one's funny AND easy on the eye!

9.C'est La Nuit-Khaled
Another long car journey. It reminds me of a new beginning.

10.Bittersweet Symphony-The Verve
Ah another of my childhood memories...! Richard Ashcroft's long, aimless walk and attitude, the disgruntled bystanders, the whole look og the vid-I can watch it again and again and it leaves me with an arrogant swagger in my mind each time. Lol.

No comments: